Wednesday, 8 March 2017

What have I done

I've gone and done it again, I've gone and entered a half marathon, and whilst I thought it was such a good idea at the time, I'm now left wondering if my legs, and more importantly my knees, will even get me round all of 13.1 miles again.  If you've been reading this blog for a while, you will know that I entered the Leicester half marathon back in October 2014, and let's just say my training leading up to the race was hard.  If you search for running in the side bar, you can read about the time I sobbed and almost cut all my hair off, and various other training runs that usually ended in tears and phoning my husband to come and collect me from some random location I had ran to.  


I daren't re-read those old blogs now as I think it may put me off completely, but what I can remember above all of the blood, sweat and tears, is the high I felt when I crossed the finishing line.  That sense of achievement and amazement at what I had done stayed with me for a long time and I guess that is why I want to do it again.  

At the moment, I can run about 5km, which I was a little disappointed about.  I thought my treadmill reading was in miles, but it's actually kilometres!  I now have 13 weeks to get myself half-marathon ready, and I feel nervous, scared and a bit unsure how I'm going to not only finish the training but also how I'm going to fit in all of the training. So here we go again, my half-marathon attempt take two.  I'll be sure to keep you updated with how I'm getting on.  

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!