Friday, 10 March 2017

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

With Mother's Day only a few weeks away, I thought I'd bring together my favourite gifts, whether for your partner, your own mum, mum-in-law or to subtly email your other half with all the web links! 

First up is the clothing line from Selfish Mother.  Selfish Mother sell the most gorgeous clothing which not only looks and feels amazing, but whose profits go to some absolutely amazing causes with every purchase.  I have the MOTHER t-shirt and also MOTHER jumper, and I cannot stop wearing either.  They are super comfy, perfect for throwing on with jeans and I always get compliments when I wear them. As a side note, they wash really well too. With fab designs, they not only look great, but they give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that your purchase is doing good, and helping someone, somewhere, who really needs it. 



I previously posted about this necklace a little while back after I had been hunting for it after seeing a picture of Blake Lively wearing a very similar one at an awards ceremony. I finally found an amazingly similar one, and this necklace is from Not On The High Street. You can personalise the tiny discs with initials of your choice.  The necklace is so so pretty, and I love the dainty discs. Plus, if it's good enough for Blake, it's good enough for me!



I am a sucker for pyjamas, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it's because I spend 99% of my life in them.  I mean, I do get dressed, but the moment I get home, I'm a clothes off, pj's on kinda girl.  In fact, some days, I think my husband wonders if I get dressed at all, as I'm in my pj's before he goes to work, and then I'm in them again when we gets home.  Whilst my mum says I need to sort myself out and make an effort, I say, no way, I'm no show pony.  However, I digress.  My favourite shop for pyjamas is Next and I spotted these on their site.  They not only look super comfy, but the hoody could easily pass as day wear, so you are kind of semi-dressed.  It's a win-win. 


For more present inspiration, you can also take a peek at my birthday haul, that I think any mama would love.

If the thought of a homemade present is more your thing, then I have the perfect gift of homemade paper flowers, which are so easy to do, and even I could make them, and I'm not exactly what you would call crafty. I made these for both sets of grandmothers one year, and they looked pretty amazing, even if I do say so myself.    


I did a little search on my blog to see what other posts I had written about mothers day in previous years, and I found this lovely post that my mum had wrote for the blog, about being a mum and being a grandmother. I'll link it here, but it made me smile, and while I like a present as much as the next person, well probably a little more, I thought it sums up what motherhood is really all about. 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!