Monday, 20 March 2017

I've hit a wall

I've hit a wall, and by wall, I obviously mean a metaphorical wall, though there was that time I did actually hit a wall with my car, but I digress. I hate running. There. I've said it.  I've blown any chance of getting anyone who was vaguely thinking about running to start now.  But that's how I feel at the moment.  As you know, I've entered a half marathon in June, and I'm currently trying to train for it, bearing in mind I last did any real running back in 2014, and I'm not enjoying it. At all. 

I thought that by entering a half, it would spur me on to get out there and run again, because I had definitely caught the bug back in 2014, but I just can't seem to muster much enthusiasm for going out on a run.  I have a training plan, which involves 3 x 30 minute runs in the week, with gradually increasing longer run at the weekend, but so far I have hated all the runs, except for the very last minute of every run when I know I'm about to stop.  

I hope this is just a blip. 

I know I don't HAVE to run the half marathon in June, as even though I've paid my admission fee, I'm not running for a charity, so I could just not do it. But at the same time, I don't want to feel I'm letting myself down, and I'm wondering if I will enjoy it more as it gets easier.  I'm at the point where it still takes alot to run and I can certainly feel it in my whole body. 

When to run is also harder this time round. When I ran in 2014, I'd always run first thing in the morning before Bee woke up.  I had no time to debate if I was going or not, I'd literally just roll out of bed and run. Now, I can't run in the mornings because LL isn't the best sleeper, so I never know when she's going to get up and need feeding, so I tend to run in the evening.  This means I think of excuses all day of why not to run. 

God this is such an uninspiring post.  I think the answer is to just shut up and get on with it, no? I just wish I could fast forward to that point where I run and love it, this bit where it feels like hard work is tough, but I think I'd be silly to stop now, and then if I did stop, I'd end up moaning about that! But I wanted to post today as an update, and tell it like it really is.  At the moment it's tough, hard and I'd rather be at home eating chocolate.  


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!